Thursday, December 27, 2007

32

Well yesterday was my birthday, I am officially 32! And you know what it was one of the best birthdays ever. Even though I had to work all day it was great. My sweet man sent me a dozen roses and the sweetest card. Dad and Mom took me to lunch and gave me a gift card to Kohl's (love that store). The guys at work bought me a cake and sang to me. After work I went and used my gift card ( you always get the best buys the day after christmas). I picked up some dinner and got Frank from work and we went home. The older kids had stayed home yesterday and they cleaned the house for me as their gift to me. I was so suprised. The whole night went well and I was getting ready to got get my shower and Franks daughter, Kelsey, looks at me and says " Julie." I answer " yes, sweety" . " I love you". My heart melted. For the last year this little girl has seen me as public enemy #1. In her eyes I was the reason that her family fell apart, even though it was apart long before me and her dad met. She has cussed me and called me every foul name you can imagin and several you (and I ) never knew exsisted. She was down here a week over the summer and wouldn't even try. This time she is happy and taking a part in everything the family does and she loves me. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift. She even gave me a hug. I know we still have a long way to go but to know she finally excepts me means so much to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............

May 2008 be the best year of your life!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I know how it is to be public emeny #1 on step kids. I am still David's girls #1 emeny...

You are what she needs Julie, God will give you what you guys need in the relationship area..

Love YA

The song for my life