Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Still hanging in there

I am still hanging in there. I know it has been awhile since my last blog. But not much has changed. My kids are great, ready for school to be out. Ashley received three awards at school. I am so proud of her. Jacob will be going in the first grade next year and he will be in the ap class.
Me, well I have my good days and my bad days. Today is a not so good one. I am trying really hard to move on with my life one day at a time. My heart is still very sad. Frank got himself in trouble with all he was doing to me and I didn't hear from him for a week and it felt so good. But that has changed and we are back to everytime the phone rings or I get a message on the cell my heart sinks into my stomache. Moving on is so hard. I thought about getting some counceling, I even asked the church for help but they were to "busy", and I guess you can say that its a pride issue but when they finally decided to get around to me almost 9 weeks later I didn't do it. Frank made me feel worthless and less than human and they made me feel so unimportant. I am trying to deal with it and I know I will get past it.

4 comments:

brenda said...

My beautiful niece...do not ALLOW anyone to make you feel unimportant or worthless or less than a human being.
When you look to other people for that, you will be dissappointed every time, because they are only human and have faults, as do we all. Your worth comes from knowing you are a daughter of the King! One of the things that I really GOT out of BFW this time was how very,very much He does love me and how important I am to Him. You are so beautiful and talented (I think you get that from me...hehehe.) Just remember that God is your Daddy and he wants to hold you when you hurt, and spend time with you. One of the songs from BFW that I fell in love with was,

The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You.
I want to sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hand
Lay back against You and breathe
And feel Your heart beat.

Baby girl, crawl up in your DADDY'S
lap and let Him comfort you as no one else can.
If there is anything I can do for you, or if you just need to talk....you KNOW you can call me or Tissa! In the meantime, I will be praying earnestly for your heart.

I love you,

Auntly

Melissa said...

Hello my beautiful cousin! I understand the pride issue. I am that way too, I don't ask for help until the very last second when I absolutely can not do it alone anymore. So when you reach that breaking point you need someone to listen or help RIGHT THEN, not 9 weeks later. As you know I have had to swallow a big chunk of that pride where Sam is concerned. I think the biggest hardest thing to do is ask for help when you feel like you should be able to handle things yourself. I want you to know I love you, and I'm praying for you, and I'm here if you just need to vent.

Unknown said...

I AGREE WITH YOUR AUNT BRENDA. TAKE HEED TO HER WORDS OF WISDOME TO YOU. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU DAILY. I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE A BLESSING TO ME.

God's Warrior Bride said...

Through it all - Through it all - you've learned to trust in Jesus - you've learn to trust in God! I am so proud of you for hanging on even if sometimes it feels like "by a thread" You are an overcomer, you are a princess, you are loved by God and you are loved by everyone who knows you.

The song for my life