Monday, April 21, 2008

New note

A promising new week in our home. Things have settled way down. Finances are still tight but by the grace of God we are making it. Still need a car but my ex-husband has been nice enough to let me use his till I can get something. Now that that is out of the way more important things to talk about.

Tomorrow my beautiful daughter will be turning 12. I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming. She amazes me more every day. Over the last year she has bloomed so much. She started playing the violin and has been sitting in the top 5 of her section all year. She has taken off in her studies ( a-b honor roll all year). It really hit me last week how much she had grown up when the school sent home the little sheet of paper to pick classes for next year. Many parents know this form. She was sitting in the back seat of the car and said "Mom I need you to sign my schedule for next year." I think I snapped not while I'm driving I will look at it later. We get home and she comes to me again " I need you to sign this" OK I will look at it. TO my shock my baby had sat down with her teachers and talked to them about what she needed to do to jump start her in the study of the medical field. Her teachers had recommended her for AP classes and she decided to take two classes next year to gain high school credit. She has it planned that by the time she starts high school in two years she will have enough of her credits out of the way that she can take the new medical classes Abilene offers for college credit. When did this happen. My little girl has grown up. And I am so proud of her.

5 comments:

trish said...

That is so awesome. Realize that without a mother like you she could not be where she is intellectually. Well maybe miraculously. But without your encouragement it is extremely difficult to to be that positive about your future. I am so happy for both of you. I am praying for resolution to your situation. Peace in the name of Jesus.

God's Warrior Bride said...

She must take after her Memaw!!! Just kidding. I am so proud of you Jules and how you are raising your sweet babies. This past week I too realized how grown up Ashley has become, especially when she loaned me her shirt to wear for a couple of weeks. Love you

Unknown said...

WOW............NOW THAT IS JUST DOWN RIGHT KEWL. THE MEDICAL FIELD.
GO ASH.....GOD HAS TOTALLY PROTECTED YOUR CHILDREN DURING THE PAST YEAR. HE IS RAISING UP MIGHTY WARRIORS IN BOTH OF YOUR CHILDREN. GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK JULES, BECAUSE YOU HAD A HAND IN THAT.

Anonymous said...

WOW.. YOu have 2 of the most smartest kids I know. with your encouragement and love your kids can do anything.
YOU have the peace of the Lord upon you...

Melissa said...

That kid is one smart cookie! She gets it from her Momma! I love you lots and I know God's plan will be revealed eventually... the waiting is just the hard part!

The song for my life